Saturday January 18, 2020
Hemming Park,135 W Monroe St, Jacksonville, FL 32202
This is a peaceful, non-violent event to celebrate the Women’s Wave and march for positive community action. You are invited to chant, sing, and raise your voice with us as we rally and march in display of the power of women’s action. Please note that:
- Hecklers or anyone who disrupts speakers will be asked to leave
- Violence or aggression in any form, including verbal assault, will not be tolerated
Violation of these guidelines will result in an immediate removal from the property by security personnel.
Volunteers, peacekeepers, and JSO will be onsite to assist participants as needed. American Sign Language interpreters will also be available for the deaf and hard of hearing.
Our goal is to provide a safe, fun, engaging, educational, and inspirational experience that focuses on celebrating women and addressing critical issues currently impacting women and our community.
Getting To The Event
The march will begin with a rally at Hemming Park in downtown Jacksonville. Use this address in your GPS to reach Hemming Park: 135 W Monroe St, Jacksonville, FL 32202.
Please consider public transportation. Visit the Jacksonville Transit Authority for the many public transit options https://www.jtafla.com/.
Parking is available downtown in several metered spots. Attendees are encouraged to carpool. Parking downtown is free on Saturday. Parking can also be found in several parking garages downtown. See graphic below.
What To Bring
- Signs, banners, posters (no wooden, plastic, or metal sign holders)
- Family and friends
- Comfortable shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Some folks like to bring camp chairs
Food trucks and merchandise vendors will be onsite.
What NOT To Bring
- Participants are encouraged to reflect positive messages in their choice of clothing and in the signs they bring. Symbols or messages that incite hate or anger do not reflect the intentions and focus of the march.
- Firearms or weapons of any kind will not be permitted.
- Anything that could be used as a weapon (umbrellas, sticks, poles, etc.) will not be permitted. This does not pertain to walking sticks used by people with disabilities.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- Pets (service animals with proper documentation are permitted).
- Large flags that may block the view of other participants are not permitted.
- Due to the crowd size and difficulty of navigation, please do not bring skateboards, skates, or scooters to this event. This does not pertain to wheelchairs, medical scooters, rolling walkers, or walkers.
See all of Hemming Park’s Guidelines Here: http://hemmingpark.org/visit-the-park/park-rules/
How To Get Help On Site
- Volunteers will be on site to assist and guide you.
- For the deaf and hard of hearing, American Sign Language (ASL) interpreters will be available during the rally and march. A designated area for ASL will be near the stage and interpreters will be on-stage for ease of visibility.
- Hospitality tables will provide lost and found services.
The march will begin at Hemming Plaza and proceed to the Duval County Courthouse. The march will be on the sidewalk with a gathering at the courthouse. The route, round trip, is about 0.6 miles. This link can be used to see the route via Google Maps.